Philadelphia Slice by Slice

God's lonely man roams the streets of Philadelphia
in search of the answer to the simplest,
yet most complex culinary algorithm
ever concocted:
the marriage of sauce,cheese, and crust.


More commonly known as PIZZA.

This is his story.......................

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

pizza points.

lets talk about oregano for a second. I fucking hate it. Oregano has a sour flavor profile, and the sour notes really scream in your mouth when combined with a tomato product. Fresh or canned tomato product should be slighty acidic....not sour.....its a fine line. I dont know about you, but im not really into sour slices. If you ask me oregano should be eliminated from the herb arsenal of every pizza shop.

Oregano should be an option.....like red pepper flake, parm cheese, galic salt, etc.....available in a shaker allowing me, the slice patron, to decide whether or not i want it.

Guilty Culprit: Apaollo Pizza 13th & Pine.- You guys garnish the shit out of your plain slices with oregano, and i just dont think thats fair. You force me to buy other oregano-less slices like bbq chicken, or something with vegetables on it that i probably wasn't in the mood for. Apaollo is a "fancy" slice boutique, lots to choose from, lots of "eye candy"....this leaves me to assume the pizza maker looks at the finished plain pie, and just like any artist thinks to himself it needs "a little something"....so he grabs that green shaker and bam....look at that....thats a pie. Im all for visuals, we eat with our eyes first....however choose a more neutral herb....maybe some fresh parsley?

Thats how i feel about oregano. If i see it on your plain slices im walking out.

Also, Stouffer's french bread pizzas we're on sale for $3 at superfresh....twist my arm....ok....I guess I'll get one of each. I suppose its good to have backup in case of a disaster that would effect my local pizza shops. I normally never buy frozen pizza. I cant justify the purchase....why live here if you're gonna eat that shit right? Anyway.....laziness struck last night, and my back hurt so i was tylenol pm'd out....but i had to eat. Baked off a Stouffers extra cheese french bread pizza, inhaled it.....i dont remember if i liked it or not, but i think that has something to do with the tylenol pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment